My wife made some delicious stuffed chicken the other night that was very low carb and had a ton of flavor. I don't really know for sure that it fits into our quick and easy category here at Poor Man's as I didn't cook it, but the recipe seemed easy enough to me. It was very tasty to and the fact that it was wrapped in bacon was of course a real hit with me. Why couldn't a fast food place make a sandwich like this?
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, spinach, feta cheese, and garlic until well blended. Set aside.
- Carefully butterfly chicken breasts, making sure not to cut all the way through. Spoon spinach mixture into chicken breasts. Wrap each with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place in shallow baking dish. Cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Carbs - 5
Dietary Fiber - 2
Net Carbs - 3