1. Nothing can prepare you for the amount of food on a cruise ship. The best thing I can relate it is to is Thanksgiving when your grandmother keep bringing out more delicious pies and treats every couple minutes. And this food is good. Its not like Hometown Buffet. The food is tasty. Although it would be very possible to go on a cruise and be on Atkins the entire time and still have a good experience. I opted to take a few days off to enjoy some of the sweets the boats chefs had to offer. Of course from switching up my diet I surely put a little weight on and that means getting back to work now that vacation is over. So over the next days I will try to keep you posted on how I do to get back on the wagon and reset my Atkins life.
2. Teenagers travel in packs. Seriously. They would just wander into parts of the cruise ship in like groups of 20 and then just it down and watch each other. It was alarming, annoying, and heartbreaking all at once. It looked like the Breakfast Club at sea which coincidentally is a screenplay I have been trying to pitch to Fox for sometime.
3. The sun still burns your flesh no matter how god-like you see yourself after several margaritas.
4. Based on observations of local stores Mexico main export is parkas, toy accordions, and tequila.
5. Vanilla is the new chocolate!
We had a blast. and can't wait to go again. I suggest you try it once if you can.