Look what I made! Low Carb Beef Nacho Soup!
Who doesn't like Nachos right? It's kind of a recipe that came to me in a vision. My friends and I used to eat a similar cheesy soup at the Super Bowl Parties we went to but it was fillled with beans and carbs galore. I wanted to try my own twist on it using ingrediants that might be a little better for the diet so I tried to pick ingredients that were low in carb.
2 Medium Zucchinis
1 Mild Green chilies 4oz can
1 Can Dice tomatoes With Peppers 14.5oz
2 cans 10.75 Campbell's Zesty Nacho Cheese Soup
1/3 cup cooked Bacon
water 14.5 oz(I tomato can worth)
I really didn't do anything fancy. I'll be honest, I just kind of threw things in a pot. Not sure how it worked out so well, but it did. I just tried to pick things I liked and that were lower in carbs and would compliment each other.
2. Add 2 medium Zucchini chopped into slices.
3. Add 1 small can Green Chilies
4. Add 1 can 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes with Peppers
5. Add 1/3 cup chopped cooked Bacon
6. Add one 14.5 oz water (I tomato can worth)
7. Add 2 cans Campbell's Zesty Nacho Cheese Soup 10.75oz
8. Stir and mix products.
9. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and cover allowing simmer for 15-20 minutes.
10. Eat it dummy
My wife and I really enjoyed this. We agreed that it would be a great soup to eat while watching a the big game (Go LA Galaxy!), as its a pretty hearty soup and has a real nacho feel to it. My wife ate hers with tortilla chips and said it was great. It was so easy to make too. Probably took me 30 minutes total. I imagine you could brown you beef and even make up a bathc in your crock pot if you want to.
The following is a guess...
Carbs - 16
Dietary Fiber - 2
Net Carbs - 14