Christmas is over but the holiday time continues. I just got back from a quick stint in my hometown of Fargo, North Dakota with the family for Christmas. Had a blast. Lots of good hangout time too. Things I learned over this Christmas Holiday.
1. Puppies make any holiday better. That's Katie, my parents newest family member.
2. Trips home are marked by what you eat. Although I usually hit several places when I go home I almost always have to hit two spots. the first is Taco Johns, a Midwestern Mexican fast food place and the second is Space Aliens which is basically Pizza Planet from Toy Story only with ribs. Their BBQ sauce is awesome! Not low carb though. Sorry.
3. Mustaches are in! Big time!
4. Holidays are all about family time and food. Carbs lurk around every corner. My mom always makes a big breakfast usually on Christmas Eve. Hard to say no when Carmel rolls show up. And food is a social thing i our house. If I was a distance away from my goal weight I would probably avoid the carbs, but since its the holidays and I have managed to keep the pounds down I enjoy myself.
5. All Midwestern homes come equipped with several puffy coats.
6. My cat sitters have a nice sense of humor.
Well its a couple days back In the OC and then I fly to New York for New Years. Should be an interesting time. Cant wait to have a new Work Hot Dog!!
Low Carb Food Ideas.