I decided to be a little ambitious the other day and make my own jalapeno poppers.
All in all I think it turned out to be pretty successful however I probably could've cooked them a longer. My poppers still had a little bit of a crunch to them and a good jalapeno popper should be a little bit more cooked and soft. Even so it's a great low-carb appetizer and easy to make. Here's what you do:
1. Get some fresh jalapenos. Cut off the ends. And sliced down the side.
2. Fill each jalapeno with some cream cheese.
3. I added a little bit of Schmucker's sugar-free raspberry jam. This will add a little sweetness to contrast the creaminess of the cream cheese.
4. Lastly I wrapped bacon around each jalapeño and stuck a toothpick threats of the bacon but not fall off.
5. Stick them in the oven at 400°. And let them cook. It's important at about halfway through the process to turn the poppers so the bacon gets cooked on both sides. Often times bacon wrapped around something doesn't get cooked very evenly so it's okay to let your bacon Chris it up a little harder than you might normally like it breakfast. Because the other sides probably going to be a little undercooked.
You can play around with the cooking time yourself and decide what you like best. And maybe and try some different jams. It's low-carb, it's tasty, and A great snack for movies, Sporting events, or even little get together.