Some people out there have told me that they have had a hard time finding low carb tortillas at stores in their area. Well, the good news is, Target's food brand of Market Pantry now has low carb tortillas. And you can find Target almost anywhere in this country. They aren't too bad either. At 6g a tortilla they are pretty good and big too. They aren't the most natural of low carb tortillas, but its the only choice you have at a store like Target. The great thing is, one tortilla is definitely big enough for a wrap or burrito. Look for them near the rest of there tortillas and mexican foods.
So, after the discussion of sausage and brats in the last post I got inspired to get a little crazy. Why not, it's an American tradition to load up your dog and Its pretty easy to do. Why go pay a bunch for one of those fancy gormet dogs out of a food truck when you can make one at home that low carb and just ast tasty?
Low Carb Santa Fe Double Wrapped Brats
What you need:
Sliced Bell Peppers
Shredded Cheese (pepper jack is great)
Low Carb Tortillas
1. Get yourself some brats, You can pick the flavor depending on your taste buds, but I went with the traditional stadium brats. Now wrap those suckers up with some bacon. Do it at an angle and you can use 1 strip per brat. Use a toothpick to make sure the bacon does not fall off while being cooked.
2. Start cooking those brats, Make sure your watching them though cause the grease from the bacon can cause them to cook fast at a certain point.
3. Add some sliced bell peppers and Onions to your pan. The bacon grease will cook these and help caramelize them with lots of flavor.
4. When the brats are looking brown and the bacon is crispy they are done. Remember, you are technically only cooking the bacon on one side, so if its not cooked long enough, your going be eating very undercooked bacon. Its better to cook longer than shorter. But be careful not to burn them too, Keep turning them.
5. When they are done, set them in your low carb tortilla. Drop your caramelized peppers and onions in there and top with some shredded cheese and sour cream. Roll it up and enjoy.
Carbs - 9
Dietary Fiber - 1
Net Carbs - 8
Low Carb Food Ideas.