My wife and I use these when we make personalized pizzas with our low carb tortillas. No carbs I them. Regular pepperoni has maybe one or 2. Taste is pretty good too. You could use these on some cheese slices for a quick snack too.
At my house pizza is a staple. My wife and I even deemed Sunday night as pizza night in our house. It was one of the great little things we both looked forward to. Unfortunalty with the introduction of the low carb lifestyle into my diet this tradition seemed to had gone extinct for some time. Pizza was definitely one of the biggest cravings that I missed. The sauce, the meat, the cheese, the dough! Oh man, it was a hard tradition to have to give up. And I can tell you my wife felt the same. However my brother helped me out with a little trick that you can do at home so the sweet tradition can stay with you. Tastes great and saves you a lot of carbs.
Low Carb Tortillas (I recommend those Mission Carb Smart we love so much.)
Pizza Sauce (Read the label, obviously the lower the carb the better)
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Pepperoni's or whatever toppings you like.
Heres what you do
1. Place Tortillas on a cookie sheet flat
2. Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce on the tortillas. (I usually go very light sauce so to save myself the carbs, its just for flavor, and a little goes a long way.)
3. Add Pepperoni's or whatever toppings you like.
4. Add some shredded mozzarella cheese.
5. Place into oven for at 375 for 10-15 minutes. look for the cheese and edges of the tortilla to turn slightly brown. That means its done.
6. When the times up, eat it up.
Carbs - 8
Dietary Fiber - 1
Net Carbs - 7
Low Carb Food Ideas.